About Parkland, FL
If you’re looking for a city full of diversity but with a touch of solitude, then Parkland, Florida may be the town for you. Located in Northwest Broward County near Fort Lauderdale, Parkland is a city nestled in a serene and wooded environment that offers tranquility and a variety of services for its residents.
It is predominantly a residential town; some smaller areas are zoned for commercial and industrial use. Here you’ll find coffee shops, restaurants, and other shops to visit. As a small town, sporting only 25,000 people with expected growth to 35,000, there is ample room to grow with the city while still enjoying the small-town life.
Things to do in Parkland
- Loxahatchee Everglades Airboat Tours – Take a thrilling ride in the Everglades in an airboat.
- Parkland Library – With its great selection of artwork, books, and movies, the library is the perfect place to start your adventure.
- Axe Throwing Society – If you’ve watched a movie and seen people throw axes and thought you could do the same, well look no further!
- Parkland Farmers Market – Fresh off the farm to your plate. If you need that perfect ingredient or just need to stock up on fresh food, then this market is the place to go to.
- Florida Rennaissance Festival – While only open certain times of the year, it’s still a great time to enjoy some medevil escapades. Don’t forget to toss a coin to your witcher!
As its name implies, Parkland is home to numerous parks with a 5.5-acre park with a sports field, a 50-acre park featuring a sports field, and lighting with amenities. If you love horseback riding, the city also sports a 7.5-acre Equestrian Center. Don’t forget Liberty Park and the Doris Davis Forman Wilderness Preserve. To add to its park-like approach, Parkland also consists of at least 8.5 miles of trails, sidewalks, and bike paths.
The city has its library that offers community programs and events and is a perfect way to socialize and meet new people in Parkland. For fun and education, The Parkland Parks and Recreation Enrichment Center offers information for camping, senior programs, and other options to show Parkland as a great place to live. Whether you want to rent a pavilion, take a trip, visit the Farmer’ Market, or take part in sports activities, the center has much to offer.
If you have children, Parkland has Riverglades, Heron Heights, and Park Trails Elementary Schools, Westglades Middle School, and Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School. If you want a more private education for your kids, there are a couple of private schools also available. All Parkland schools are top-rated so you can be sure your children will get an excellent education.
With is a list of activities and ties to nature in its incredible parks, it’s easy to see that Parkland, Florida is a great place to live it offers so much to all its residents and is a great place to live.